Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Bliss

Whew! This week has been Cuh-razy ya’ll! I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Weekend. I was so looking forward to the 4-day weekend and it did not disappoint. Erik and I went to a beautiful wedding and partied with some wonderful people. We also spent a couple of days with Erik’s parents at their awesome house in historic Monroe, GA. I have to brag on Erik’s parents because they completely renovated their house in less than a year (Erik’s dad doing much of the work) and it is absolutely gorgeous. It's an old Queen Anne Cottage and they did a phenomenal job with the restoration--keeping the original flooring, fireplaces, etc. and updating in the right places. They even have a pull chain toilet in one of the bathrooms. Fantastic!  

(For those who don't know I have a master's degree in historic preservation so my professional opinion is very important--haha)

Oh and did I mention they have a pool too? We barbequed, played, relaxed, and swam for two days and it was just what the doctor ordered. Definitely the best weekend I’ve had in a long time.

So now it is back to the grind at work and the waiting begins for my little nephew to make his appearance (my sister is due at the end of this month). I can’t wait to meet him and get in a little family time down in the Big Easy. Seems like time is flying so fast!

And because I know everyone loves some pictures, here are a few from this past weekend:

Erik and I all gussied up before the wedding
Erik and his mama, Sande

Erik's sister Kimi and her husband Paul with baby Aiden

The bride and groom
Baby Aiden taking his first cruise in the pool

No comments:

Post a Comment