Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July in Pictures

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July yesterday! The weekend turned out to be very eventful for my family. First, my cousin Carter won his cake challenge competition on Sunday night!! That meant $10,000, a trip for 4 to Disneyworld, and he got to re-create his cake for the re-opening of the Star Wars ride at Disney. Pretty freaking awesome--Congratulations Carter!!

Second, my sister went into labor (also on Sunday evening). I think we were all hoping for a 4th of July baby but after close to 48 hours (!!) of labor my sister delivered a healthy baby boy at 2:37 (eastern time) this afternoon. Congratulations Amanda and Mark and welcome to the world Regan Charles Lighthiser! My love goes out to all 3 of you and I can't wait to see you this weekend!

All of that excitement aside, Erik and I had a really fun time partying with friends yesterday and I thought I would share my 4th of July with you in pictures. Enjoy!

Fireworks at the ready

300 Water Balloons

Fried Turkey

A Happy Couple

More fried goodness!

Launching water balloons


Baby Aiden's First 4th of July

Glowing Jewelry

Launching Fireworks

More Fireworks (apologies on the quality of these pics--
still getting the hang of shooting fireworks
with the new camera)
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment