Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

I hope everyone had a happy Easter weekend—I know I did! It was busy but filled with lots of good friends and some family time. To kick things off, on Friday night I went with my best friend Lauren (we’ve known each other since we were 11), another friend Tedra, and Erik to a stand-up comedy performance hosted by Lauren’s brother Michael at a local Dave and Busters. Three comedians performed and we had some good laughs, some good food, and of course entertained ourselves with some games afterwards. And just to give Michael a plug, the show is called “It’s Always Sunny in Gwinnett” and happens every Friday night featuring different local comedians. So if you're in the Gwinnett area, check it out and support your local comedy!
Rockin' Dave and Busters--we won over 2,000 tickets playing a Wheel of Fortune Game!
Saturday I busied myself with yard work, attempting to trim back the bushes in the front of the house which turned out looking pretty good (if I do say so myself) and cleaning up my backyard and potting some plants. I didn’t take any “before” pictures of the patio but everything was pretty much yellow with pollen. The “after” picture below is definitely much nicer to look at anyways and features my wonderful porch garden all finished and potted up. This year I will *hopefully* have tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, fresh basil, and mint. I also bought a salvia plant and some impatiens to fill some of my little pots and to add a bit of color.

My Porch Garden. And check out my back door that my bro sealed and stained!
Saturday night Erik and I went to visit my good friends Heather and Edward in Peachtree City for a night of grilling out and playing games. Game nights like these with friends are some of my absolute favorite ways to hang out. First because they are cheap, second the company is always great, and lastly I am a board game geek and my friends always humor me by playing any crazy game I decide to bring over. This weekend was no exception as I brought one of my favorite games Settlers of Catan (which I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a good board game) It takes a little time to learn which always makes people skeptical at first but in the end everyone always, always, loves it. Once my friends got the hang of it we definitely had fun and with the alcohol flowing there were plenty of laughs and a lot of heckling (we are a pretty competitive bunch).

The best board game ever!!
Sunday Erik had his first day off from work in weeks. He works for a company that builds and renovates pools, so as everyone is gearing up for summer he has been working 7 days a week to try to accommodate the company’s project load. He’s been working so hard in fact that some days he is working a full 12 hours (all without overtime pay). I know it’s been hard for him but I really admire his dedication for getting the job done. It makes me fall in love with him just a little more every day. Of course this schedule makes it difficult for us to spend a lot of time together because the only time we see each other is at night and he is usually so worn out that the most he can do is humor me with watching a TV show or two before passing out. So I was especially glad that he had the day off on Sunday and both of us were able to spend some quality time with each other. We spent the morning and afternoon lazing around the house and then headed up to have dinner with his family in Monroe, GA. His sister brought his nephew who is 6 months old and we had a great time watching him take part in his first family Easter (Easter Egg hunt included!).

Baby Aiden on the hunt! So precious!
All in all it was one of the best weekends I’ve had in a while. It was the perfect mixture of family, friends, and relaxation, and was just what I needed after a long week at work.

Oh and did I mention that the Easter bunny came and paid me a special visit?? Saturday evening I got a phone call from Macy’s saying that my couch was ready for delivery!! Yay, yay, yay! I should have it by Thursday evening so stay tuned for some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment