Friday, August 26, 2011

Ode to the Vitara

**my apologies to any writers or poets out there**


Oh my sweet Suzuki Vitara--

You have been a good car for the past 10 years;
You've carried me safely through college and graduate school, countless moves,
and several ex-boyfriends;
Some people lovingly called you the "Atari,"(BeacausewhoknewSuzukievenmadecarsin2001?)
But to me you were always reliable transport
and never really let me down

Until this past Sunday when your radiator could go no more
And you broke down on our way to Charleston,
leaving me on the side of the road.

I understand my little Vitara
that you are old and that our time would eventually come to an end,
I have replaced all I can afford to replace
and have decided you must find a new friend.



I will be sad to see you go
but hope your new owner will put you to good use--
For I know you still have a few good miles left
before you drift to that big garage in the sky.


1 comment: